i'm sorry i haven't written in a dog's age. (i can't actually remember the last time i felt compelled to do so on here! sorry, but i have to speak the truth.)
i promise to not neglect you so much this year. 2014 looks like a good year so far - i had a great time on new year's eve (which never happens, as i'm sure you know), and i got to see my baby nephew + my brother + his wife, and i have a roof over my head + a very modest amount of money in the bank. (and chocolate. ye gods do i have chocolate!)
i realized, having spent so much time away from writing + photographing + posting, that i've become much less worried about how i'm perceived, both in person, and online. i'm beginning to find that sense of self that everyone i see around me has in spades, and although it's fragile, i'm going to nurture it, and give it time to grow.
that said, it's been too damn long since i've sent any beauty your way, and i have actually managed to take some polaroids in the past few months, so really, i simply need to conquer my insecurity + just get out there and SHOOT.
"everybody else is doing it, so why can't we?" (aka my new year's resolutions for 2014 and forward)
- take a ceramics course
- start weaving
- learn to make neon signs
- continue the crafting i've started (macrame plant hangers, my crocheted slouchy hat, etc.)
- work on that photo project (the one i've been planning forever but never researching/executing)
- continue teaching myself latin
- apply for grad school (master's)
- get a job that fully uses my skills
- pay off a large amount of my debt
- move into my own space
- build my own theremin + learn to use it
- shoot more polaroid film
- write more poetry
- visit the library more often
- read a book a week
and there you have it. i'm back.